We are in search awesome vocalists who are the perfect combination of energetic, smart, dedicated, and entrepreneurial.
Are you a great singer, recent music school grad, mid-career professional (who sings passionately in the shower) or retiree wanting to re-engage with music? We are seeking vocal teachers, choir directors, and trained singers of all stripes to lead a choir of their choosing throughout Colorado – and beyond!
You will be right at home with a choir of your own, a chance to highlight your inner rock star, an opportunity to make a real impact on your community through your greatest passion: music.
Compensation based on experience and bonuses based on the number of members in your choir. You will train with our Co-founder and Musical Director, Jill Teas.
- Strong vocal skills
- Piano skills (ability to play individual voice parts while singing) strongly desired
- Passion for music, singing, and community-building
- Strong music reading skills
- Willingness – nay, eagerness! – to direct a choir of singers who may have little to no musical experience and who may not read music
- Well-versed in rock and pop music
- Bachelor of Music degree preferred
- Established network of potential choir members
- Previous experience directing a choir is a huge plus
- Availability for 3 hours a week, with evening flexibility in the 1-2 weeks leading up to a performance. Some extra hours may be required for prep, pre-concert rehearsal, and post-concert FUN!
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for the right candidates! Let’s change the world through music. Email us cover letter, sample of work (if it exists—if not—don’t worry), and resume/CV at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love questions!
About Voices Rock! Denver: Founded in 2014 by film executive Betsy Marino Leighton and directed by award-winning music teacher and choral director Jill Teas, Voices Rock! has three choir locations in the greater Denver area.